Saturday, June 30, 2012

Launch Day: Prelude

The day is upon us!  The boat is ready, more or less.  Cosmetically, it's unfinished - weather has prevented me from painting the stripe I want it to have, and the interior could use another coat of the base color.

But all of the major questions are answered.  I'm halfway through lashing her all together and rigging in the back yard to ensure there aren't any unforeseen problems before I transport it to the local state park where we'll launch.  I did have to re-drill a couple of the tuki holes in the ama, as they weren't lining up right.  And the fancy windsurfer mast turns out to be too stiff for the crabclaw :( But I had a backup.

Anyway, I'll post a wrap-up here later in the weekend.  There's work to be done!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rich,
    CONGRATULATIONS where ever you're up to with your launching.

    I am a little pleased the windsurfer mast din't work (apologies), something about untraditional, blending non-natural materials with timber (and a little epoxy!). Like the yellow ... didn't you have a red sail? It will be hard to sail under the radar with all that colour. Who cares, have fun you've earned it.

    Fair winds, Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now Rich, Please stop sailing the pants off that thing and tell us how you're going. I reckon we've been patient enough, sitting on the edge of our collective lounge chairs waiting the hear the splash and you're being so tough on us, making us wait so long.

    Look if you ran into a bridge pylon and totalled it because you were going so fast, that's okay. I mean not the boat and all your work, its just that its okay to not be embarrassed and come out and say so. We your loyal readers demand some news man, I am busting to hear it all in great salty detail. Aaarrhh!

    Best, Terry

    ReplyDelete