Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Brief Pause

Well, my schedule will be keeping me away from the boat project for most of the next month.  I had hoped that the boat would be finished and ready to try out by mid-July, but that's clearly not going to happen.  Let's take stock of where the project sits now:
  • 2 paddles ready for finish work, but I still need to start the second attempt at a steering paddle.
  • Hull panels cut out; some epoxy coating done, but less than half of the interior surface area has gotten its first of the recommended two coats so far.
  • Sail panels cut; stitching panels together about 1/3 of the way done.
  • A lot of timber collected, but I still need the outrigger float and 3 long, thin poles.
  • All materials and necessary tools purchased except for incidentals like rope, twine and paint.
 Recent car repairs have taken me away from boatbuilding, and I couldn't start filleting until the last of the materials arrived earlier this week.  So I have some good excuses - but I'm concerned that I won't get the chance to use the boat before this year's sailing season is over at this rate.

I'll post more news when I have time to make some. 

No comments:

Post a Comment